Nos valeurs, nos voix
Innovative FSL Projects with Two-time JUNO Nominee Gregg LeRock
Looking for a fun, meaningful way to engage your FSL students?
Gregg LeRock has led award-winning, values-based projects with multiple school boards, World Vision and The Stephen Lewis Foundation.
Nos valeurs, nos voix is a board-wide, multi-tiered, 12-month collaborative FSL project in partnership with the Toronto Catholic District School Board and award-winning educator, producer and project leader Gregg LeRock.
This unique initiative includes all streams of French learning and is custom-designed to provide new FSL resources that will equally benefit teachers and students and facilitate language acquisition through music, videos and lyrics that are structured as the basis for both in-class and virtual learning presentations. Students read, write and speak about their values, as well as expressing them in song. The project provides opportunities for teachers and students to engage and share their own project creations with other schools and will have a lasting impact for years to come for tens of thousands of students.
“Gregg LeRock makes it fun and so easy to get students engaged in reading, listening, speaking and singing in French!” – Serena Quintal, Core French Teacher, Peel DSB
The new FSL resources will:
- Embed positive, values-based themes
- Emphasize Canadian people, cultures and social justice
- Motivate students through music to speak, write, create and sing in French
- Engage students from all streams of French
- Incorporate grammar, vocabulary and themes that reflect the Ontario French Curriculum, including social justice, equity, diversity, truth and reconciliation, mental health and well being
- Provide students with an opportunity to learn and practice proper pronunciation via singing, composing, and following directions in French
- Make it easier for teachers to engage and excite their students in French
- Allow students to collaborate create and share their original art, compositions, dance choreography and original videos with other schools in the board
- Provide the flexibility of both classroom and online learning
- Lead students to continue with French studies at both secondary and post-secondary levels
- Be used for years to come by tens of thousands of students
To discuss a project tailored to suit your board’s needs or for licensing options, contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org